1 million times faster than flash memory
Next-generation semiconductor memory with long life ‘V-memory’
Core technology for 5G, autonomous driving, big date 4th industrial revolution
Conventional flash memory technology has shown the limitations of integration due to the recent miniaturization and high integration, with the disadvantage of slow speed and short life. As 5G technology has been commercialized since 2019, the memory speed of mobile devices is urgently required. Accordingly, IDM makers Samsung and Toshiba are developing technologies to improve flash memory speed. In addition, researches on next-generation nonvolatile memory technologies, such as storage memory, magnetic memory, and phase change memory, which can replace the existing flash memory technology, are also being conducted worldwide. However, these next-generation nonvolatile memory technologies have disadvantages such as high power consumption or complicated device structure, and the speed of devices is not improved significantly.
V-memory technology not only overcomes the problems of next-generation nonvolatile memory technologies, but also provides technologies that can raise the limit of integration of existing flash memory process technology.
V-memory manufacturing process
- V memory has simple structure compared to flash memory
- Reduction of manufacturing cost (more than 30%)
- V memory can be produced using the flash memory production line as it is
V-memory Growth strategy
- Fourth Industrial Revolution: Needs fast and long life semiconductors.
- Flash memory size: downsizing to current limit (manufacturing cost increase)
- Need for next-generation semiconductors with high semiconductor performance and reduced manufacturing costs
- Exit strategy: technology fee as much as process cost saved by V memory technical support